Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Thom Yorke - Feeling Pulled Apart By Horses/The Hollow Earth "12 (2009)

So these are two new songs from Thom Yorke that came out this week. They're pretty cool. I'm not sure if I'm totally blown away though. It doesn't really seem to me like he is breaking much new ground here--sometimes to me this sounds like what Boards of Canada would sound if Thom Yorke was their singer or something. That being said, the first track has a wicked bassline that sounds like it came out of some psychotic funk jam. The electronic percussion going on is also pretty interesting. Both songs are really sparse and hypnotic, and they really sound amazing in headphones too. So yeah, I'm not sure if this is really the bombest shit to ever happen, but I'm digging these two new tracks from Mr. Yorke. listen listen!

1 comment: