Wednesday, September 23, 2009

They Might Be Giants - s/t (1986)


So I've heard the name a million times, and I've been reading all about them for like 5 years or something now, but I literally didn't take the time to listen to them until yesterday. Again, I'm kicking myself because this album is fucking amazing and it's such a good time. It's all based in super catchy melodic absurd new-wave pop, but they jump between so many different strange styles. Almost every song is about 2 minutes long and it creates this kind of hysterical musical kaliedascope. I've been finding myself a little bit blown away by how great all the songs are, and at the same time laughing my ass off because every second of this, the very existence of this music is hilarious. It's just a goofy absurd good ol time, and you should hear it. If you like Ween, the Flaming Lips, Devo, or the Talking Heads like I do, I can pretty much guarantee that you will completely love this immediately. Silly, silly, silly. Infectious as swine flu.

No comments:

Post a Comment